Terms & Fees
Piano Lesson Fees
Beginner students start with one × 20 minute Lesson per week. Students progress to a 30 minute lesson at grade two level. (approx 2-3 years)
20 minute Private Lesson = $34.00 ($36.00 if paid after the early payment date)
30 minute Private Lesson = $51.00 ($54.00 if paid after the early payment date)
In Home Lessons = Fees as above + call out fee. Call out fee is calculated based on distance, time and availability. Areas are limited.
Payment OptionsKeyboardkidz accepts the following payment options-
-Online via Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard)
-Internet Funds Transfer
Terms and Conditions for 2015
1. Our teaching terms are based on the Queensland State Primary School Year. A calendar is available in the student diary and online here. It includes term dates, school holidays, pupil free days, public holidays, early payment dates and final due dates for term fees.
2. Lessons are to be paid in full one school term in advance. Your account will be mailed to you three (3) weeks before the early payment due date. In order to be entitled to the early payment discount, payment must be received on or before the early payment due date. This means payments made via post or Internet Funds Transfer should be done a few days before to ensure that payment is received on or before the due date.
3. Once the school term has commenced you are obligated until the end of that term.
4. No refunds for term lessons will be given.
5. Lessons are not held during school holidays or on public holidays or pupil free days. You will not be charged for these lessons and your term account will be adjusted to reflect this.
6. You do not need to re-book every term as your lesson time and day will remain the same.
7. You do need to notify us if you are not continuing. This notice should be given in writing by email or a letter before the conclusion of the current term.
8. Lessons missed for any reason will be charged for in full. You are not required to give any notice.
9. Make up lessons are available for any unattended lessons. A charge of 50% of the regular lesson fee must be paid for prior to the scheduled make up lesson. This can only be arranged through the office within 2 weeks of the unattended lesson.
10. If you need to take an extended time off (3 or more weeks), notice must be given prior to the commencement of the term and you have the following choices. Option 1: Pay for the missed lessons, and in turn you will keep your reserved time. You are welcome to make up the missed lessons at 50% of the normal price. Option 2: Cancel the lessons, but lose your reserved time.
11. Lessons will be suspended if your account falls into arrears, and you will lose your reserved lesson time.
12. We will avoid moving your lesson unless absolutely necessary. If we cannot find you an alternative time, you are entitled to a refund of the balance of any prepaid lesson fees.
13. If we need to cancel a lesson, that lesson (at your discretion) will either be: a) credited to your account or b) rescheduled as a makeup lesson at no charge.
14. If you arrive at a scheduled lesson and the teacher is not present you will be refunded that lesson and receive your next lesson at half price, to make up for the inconvenience we have caused you.
15. If your child attends After School Care, parents must arrange with After School Care to have their child brought to their lesson. They should arrive 5 minutes before their scheduled lesson time. Keyboardkidz will not be responsible if After School Care fails to bring your child to their lesson. Our teachers will endeavour to contact After School Care but cannot leave the teaching room to collect them. The office will let you know if After School Care is late or fail to bring your child to their lesson.
16. We reserve the right to update or change these terms and conditions at any time, you will be notified by email with warning if this happens.
FAQWhy do I have to pay if my child is unable to attend their scheduled lesson?
1. Your lesson is a reservation. When you pay for a term of lessons we reserve that time exclusively for you for the entire term.
2. We cannot book in a new student temporarily to fill your missed lesson.
3. Our staff’s time is just as valuable as any other paid employee. It is legally and morally wrong to not pay our teachers for cancelled lessons.
4. The cost of providing your lesson is the same whether you attend or not.